Just thought I'd share my recipe for my favorite Raw Dinner ... Raw Tacos. These are delicious and totally satisfying. Even if you're not a raw foody!
Raw Taco Meat:
1 Cup Pecans
1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds
1 1/2 Tsp Cumin
1 Tsp Chili Powder
3/4 Tsp Coriander
2 Tsp Nama Shoyu (you could also use Tamari or Bragg's Liquid Aminos)
2 shakes of Red Pepper Flakes
3 TBSP Water
1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse several times. Scrape the sides and pulse some more. You want it to be well mixed and chopped, but not blended mush.
Prepare the toppings:
- Dice red and green pepper (Organic is always best, fresh from your garden or farmer's market is even better)
- Chopped natural black olives
- Lime Wedges
- Homemade Pico de Gallo ~ tomatoes, purple & green onion, lime juice, cilantro, jalapenos, sea salt, onion & garlic powders
- Homemade Guacamole ~ 2 mashed avocados, lime juice, sea salt, minced garlic, cilantro, purple onion, tomato
- Crisp, clean romaine leaves
DELICIOUS! Add a Dos Equis with lime and call it Heaven!