Want a peek at what we have planned this week?
- Finish up our St. Francis study with St. Francis and the Proud Crow
- Make bird feeders (pine cones, peanut butter and bird seed)
- Finish copying St. Francis poem into Main Lesson Book (the Hippie)
- Look back over our work with St. Francis and admire ...
- Continue working with addition facts (the Hippie)
- Finish reading Just So Stories by Rudyard Kipling (Mon, Tues & Wed)
- Read "How do Apples Grow?" & complete Nature Notebook
- Read "Johnny Appleseed" poem & copy a line or two into Nature Notebook
- Continue reading (and possibly finish) Mrs. Piggle Wiggle
- Continue 15 minute daily reading lessons with the Princess
- Model, mosaic and practice writing the letter "A" (the Princess)
- Monet Picture Study (this week ~ Red Boats .. last week was Evening Flower)
- Read and narrate Monet's Impressions
All of that will make for some tired kids and Momma by Friday, so I've planned no lessons for that day. But, we will be hitting all my grocery stores that day, so it'll be a long one. Call me crazy (I don't mind, really), but I go to several different places for different things ~ Whole Foods for some stuff, Native Sun for some, possibly Winn Dixie, Publix and Wal-mart. I try to get what's on sale at each place, and there are some things I can only get at Whole Foods or Native Sun (organic, health foods).
I think Saturday we will have to just relax for a change!
Have a great week. Many blessings to you and yours ...