Friday, September 9, 2011

Daybook

Outside my window ... a small taste of fall.  Girls are playing outside, the air is cool, there is no humidity, it is beautiful!

I am thinking ... that I am so happy about the time of year we are beginning.  My absolute favorite time of year is fall.  I love the cool, crisp air.  I love the windows open.  I love football.   I love the holidays.  I love all things about this time of year.  From now until about May will be just amazing!

I am thankful for ... the blessings of God, my family, my health, my home, the opportunity to stay home and care for my family and home.

From the learning rooms ... a ton, as always.  Lots of reading, lots of discussion, living math, etc.  But, requests have been made from a certain little Princess for "school".  She's my angel who LOVES school.  So, we'll be getting back to more of a school rhythm.  All of our activities are getting going, we're getting busy and we'll be doing more "school" on our home days.  Of course, we are learning all the time, though!

From the kitchen ... wanting to go more raw again, trying to figure out where to start.  I think once I get my trusty blender in hand, I will start there.  A beautiful woman suggested that anyone wishing to go raw should start with 30 days of having a minimum of 1 liter of green smoothie per day.  Get your body detoxing for those 30 days and get healthier before going cold turkey and making yourself sick from the toxins.  So, that's the plan.  30 days of green smoothies and more and more raw recipes throughout the day before getting too drastic.

I am wearing ... pjs.  I know, I know.  Shame on me.  I've been busy eating and blogging this morning and have yet to make my bed, brush my teeth or get dressed.  Shame, shame.

I am creating ... We've been working on our hand-made birthday gifts lately.  We have three nephews/cousins, two mothers/grandmothers, a Daddy and an Uncle with September birthdays.  Girls have been busy and so have I!

I am going ... to the Farmer's Market and grocery tomorrow to get some more produce and try to come up with some fun, healthy, raw snack foods for Sundays' games (welcome back NFL football, I have missed you).
 
I am wondering ... how our family can move more and more in the direction of self-sufficiency.  My husband works entirely too many hours away from the home in order to provide us with the opportunity to homeschool our children.  I've been brainstorming how we can use what we are good at and be creative and make some money doing something wonderful, creative and helpful.

I am reading ... To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee

I am hoping ... that I can get myself and my home and my life organized and running a bit more smoothly.  I am hoping that by starting with ME, all the rest will fall into place.

I am looking forward to ... football this Sunday!

I am hearing ... Stephen Marley singing "Made in Africa"
Around the house ... I need to determine a good schedule for the chores around here to get this place to be cleaned with a little more regularity and with a few more (little) hands helping.

I am pondering ... peace.  In the world, yes, but what I'm talking about is smooth days, no anxiety, no guilt, happy children, a clean home, simplicity and order at the same time ... without killing me.  Peace, not perfection.

One of my favorite things ... fall.

A few plans for next week:
  • Finish and mail all gifts
  • Gather natural dying materials to dye our wool yarn
  • Spanish Club
  • Start Handwork Wednesdays
  • Museum of Science & History
  • Daddy's birthday
  • Get organized, go through papers, plan chore schedule, start "school"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...