Saturday, September 10, 2011

Just a quick report

I have a ton to do today, so this is just a quick report on my mostly raw food day yesterday.

I felt amazing.  

All day.

I ate my failed spinach smoothie attempt (all raw), salad with some crackers (not raw crackers, but whole grain), my amazing tomato and pesto lunch (all raw), another salad with some pita bread (not raw pita, but whole wheat).  

Then ...

My final salad was very small (finished my veggies off ... heading to the farmer's market and produce department today to restock), so as I was eating it, I was already telling myself that it was "just a snack" and "this isn't enough for dinner, I'll eat something else after I put the girls to bed".  

(In case you're wondering, we do normally have family dinners, but Friday night has become "Pancake Night" around here.  The girls look forward to it every week.  Daddy loves it.  I, though, did not want to end my raw day with pan-fried flour, so I passed.) 

Not sure if I was actually hungry or if I'd just told myself I would be hungry, but I had to eat again.

By this point, my raw options were limited (because of my understocked kitchen).

So, I (sadly) decided on some triscuits (whole wheat) with organic raw sharp cheddar cheese and salsa.

I kid you not, I am not making this up.  I swear.  

Within less than 30 minutes, I got a sinus migraine and eventually a sore throat.

Was it the non-raw food?  Was it the dairy?  Was it the gluten?  

I'll never know.  

But, what I do know is, I felt amazing yesterday... until I ate that.

*****
On a side note ...


I knew today would be difficult (until I made it to the farmer's market and store), but I didn't want to just throw in the towel.


So, last night I put some whole, raw old fashioned oats and some raisins in a bowl with filtered water.  I placed a plate over it and let it set all night.


This morning, it is 100% soaked, plump and fluffy.  The small bit of liquid that remains is creamy.  Like I made my own oat milk (a favorite of mine anyway).  


I just added some Raw Agave, cinnamon and nutmeg and it is DELICIOUS!


So, if you never thought you could eat raw oatmeal ... I'm here to tell you that you CAN!


Wishing you a wonderfully blessed day!  I'm off to clean my house and get ready for my day.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...