Sunday, March 25, 2012

What's in Store?

 
 
I took some time on Friday to figure out where we are in our homeschool and where we would like to be. I decided that since we have had 10 weeks of school since the start of the year, we would take these next two weeks to finish out any things I wanted to finish in the first term. I then planned the next two terms, but I'll get into that in another post. For now, I want to finish up our term on Robert Louis Stevenson, Renoir and the Opera. I want to get to lesson 60 in our Language Lessons books (there are 180 lessons, 3 terms, you get the idea), get to Moses in the Old Testament and I wanted to finish reading Twig. Here's a peek at what we have planned for this week.

FAMILY WORK

Old Testament ~ Chapters 25-28, Catherine Vos The Child's Story Bible
Fairy Tale ~ Hansel & Gretel
Twig ~ 8 chapters
Picture Study ~ "Madame Georges Charpentier and her Children" by Renoir
Choose a favorite poem of Robert Louis Stevenson to memorize
Listen to the Opera on Pandora
Watch Hansel and Gretel: An Opera Fantasy on Youtube
Continue reading Black Beauty

THE HIPPIE

Math U See, 4 days
Cursive, 4 days
Queen Language Lessons, 38-44, 4 days
Reading, The Children of Noisy Village
Drawing and copywork from the Old Testament
Begin copying poem chosen to memorize (Robert Louis Stevenson)

THE PRINCESS

Math U See, Alpha, Lesson2
Queen Language Lessons, 51-60
Read to me "Wee Robin's Christmas Song", Reading Literature, First Reader
Read to me "The Straw Ox", Reading Literature, First Reader
Read to me "The Boy and the Fox", Reading Literature, First Reader
Drawing and copywork from HANSEL AND GRETEL

EXTRAS

We will be attending our weekly Waldorf Handwork group as well as participating in a Plankton Pull with our Homeschool Adventures Group. I'd also like to take the girls over to the park for a picnic lunch one day before it gets so hot that I never want to go outside (considering it has been in the 80s steadily for weeks now, I'm afraid that time is coming faster than I want it to).

I think that about sums it up. What are your plans this week?

1 comment:

  1. I hope to consistently do our circle time which includes Bible memory, our hymn, and beginning some Spanish phrases & words. We are beginning a new nature group this week,which I'm super excited about! I think we might go to our local lake! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...