Friday, August 31, 2012

A prayer for you this morning



Sorry for the QUIET lately. We are down to only six days to work with as far as "to-dos" related to our trip. I'm one busy lady these days.

But, I came across this prayer this morning and thought I would share it here. It is so applicable to the busy life of a mom, whether working or at home. I thought at least one of you might need to hear it today.

I will give credit where credit is due ~ I found this on Elizabeth Foss's blog and the prayer itself is by St. John Kronstadt.

   **********

O Lord, grant that with Your peace I may greet all that this day is to bring.

Grant me grace to surrender myself completely to Your Holy Will.

In every hour of this day instruct me and guide me in all things.

Teach me to accept tranquilly whatever tidings I may receive during this day, in the firm belief that Your Holy Will governs all. 

Govern my thoughts and feelings in all that I do and say.

When unforeseen things occur, let me not forget that all is sent by You.

Teach me to behave sincerely and reasonably toward everyone, so that I may bring confusion and sorrow to no one.

Bestow on me, O Lord, strength to endure the fatigue of the day and to bear my part in its events.

Guide my will and teach me to pray, to believe, to suffer, to forgive and to love.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...