Monday, December 23, 2013

Post re-run ... So much to be thankful for

This post was originally published on January 12, 2013. We kept a Jesus Stocking all through Advent last year (and will again this year). Each evening after dinner, we would all write down one thing we were thankful for and place it in the stocking. Then, we read all of the bits of paper aloud on Christmas morning. A quick aside ~ I mention at the bottom of the post that I could have kept it going all year long. Well this actually is something we do all year long now. The girls and I write in our Gratitude Journals most mornings. There's no better way to start the day than with gratitude for all that God has blessed you with!

Enjoy ...

 

You may have heard me mention the Jesus Stocking we kept this year for Advent. I'd been meaning to share what was inside.

I will tell you that when we read them all on Christmas day, the Hippie cried more than once because she felt bad that she "didn't write all the good stuff" that we did. The poor girl felt so guilty that she had only said "family" and not listed us individually. I assured her that we are all different and that we just thought of different things to write at dinner each night, but I know her heart and have no doubt how thankful she is for everything. That girl truly has a heart of GOLD. Anyway, I thought you might like to see what was written. (As expected, Momma's were mostly "novels" compared to the one word entries by the others. Forgive me. I like to write. :)

These are in no particular order ~ just stuffed in the stocking. And, yes, there are a few repeats. Hey, it's hard to remember what you've already written after 24 days!

The Princess:
Kindness
Mommy and Daddy to make the food
Going to Germany
Faith and Trust
Joy
Mommy and Daddy to make everything happy
Seeing my cousins, B*** and S*** (sorry, safety and all)
Money
Mommy and Daddy
Happiness, not madness
Jesus
Everything
Christmas
Pets
Food
Water
Family
God
Friends
Love
Judah (our cat)
W**** (the Hippie)
Saint Nicholas
Not washing the dishes (the Hippie had to wash ALL of the dishes for a week as a punishment ... turned out to be a great thing for the Princess, lol).


The Hippie:
Education
Decorating
No dishes or chores on my birthday
Furniture
Crafts
Nativity scene
Advent
Family needs
Water heater
Friends
The Christmas Tree
Health
I am thankful for my wonderful family.
Books
Cars
Gifts and Daddy being off on December 23rd
Trees
I am thankful for my shelter.
I am thankful for food and water.
Jesus ... Merry Christmas
Friends
Food
Toys
Table and chairs


Daddy:
Jesus
Chaos
Dark Chocolate
Jah
Vehicles
Hot Shower
Plants
Love
W* (The Hippie)
Music
Being a Daddy
Herbal remedies
Patience
Buddha
Family Pets
Boards (surf)
M* (The Princess)
Momma
Friends and Family
Days off
Dinner time with the family
the Ocean
S* (our best friend/brother)
Days off work


Momma:
I'm thankful to have a roof, a floor and a warm, cozy bed.
I'm thankful that God gave us Jesus so that he could show us how to be loving and kind.
Blue skies and sunshine
I'm thankful to be married to my best friend and soul mate.
To live close to the beach
Hot tea, Hot showers ... and Ice Cold Beer
Easy access to clean water and fresh, local produce
The chance to spend each and every day with my children
Family Dinner Time ~ listening to the girls' prayers, our conversations and the laughter
Two healthy children
Nanu (my Momma)
I'm thankful that God gave us B* and S* (my nieces) before taking Uncle W* (my little brother) back to Heaven.
God's Love
The time I got to spend with Papa (my dad) and Uncle W* (my little brother)
That Homeschooling is legal
Aunt C* (family friend for 32 years)
For my Babies
Access to books
Music and my ability to hear it
Animals ~ all of them, but especially our pets
Daddy
W* (the Hippie)
M* (the Princess)
Books
Cuddling
I'm so very thankful to have found my one and only soul mate and to be sharing my life with my very best friend in the world!
My eyesight ~ so that I can see God's beautiful creation, my beautiful family and so that I can read books.


*********
Almost a 100 things to be thankful for ... and I could have kept this going all year long.

What are you thankful for today?
Until next time,
~ Irie Momma

1 comment:

  1. ~ just stopping by to make sure you knew I answered your recent question in a series of blog posts!

    Blessings to you and your sweet ones,
    ~Stacy
    www.withgreatjoy.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...